Monday, March 1, 2010

MERCY'S FIRST BIBLE

The sky was cloudy and gray as I started for Lower Brule Sunday morning. Ray is still in the hospital, and Esther had a concert to play; so I began the trip by myself.
A heavy frost was on the trees and fences; and so the scenery was spectacular as I drove. I stopped and took a couple of pictures, but some beauty cannot be captured on a camera. I saw a herd of mule deer bedded down in a field as I went past, and they watched me drive past but never moved. I arrived in time to get the church ready for Sunday before leaving to pick up the children. Mr. Lindell Howard had agreed to take care of the adult service upstairs while I did the Sunday School. I left to pick up the children, and was pleased for those who came. Mercy was among those who came, and this was her eighth Sunday to come. Esther had promised a Bible to any who came for eight Sundays. Mercy's mother and grandfather came for this special event. They told us that this is Mercy's first Bible.

We made a ceremony of giving it to her, and Rev. Howard prayed with her at the end of the ceremony. Her family was so proud of her. She is a precious little jewel in God's Kingdom. I had a good time with the kids in the basement as I gave them their lesson and helped them do a project. There were a few upstairs in the adult service, and Rev. Howard said that everyone was very attentive. Please pray for two families that are struggling with substance abuse especially right now. We have promised to pray for them, and they both have men who care for them and carry a heavy burden.
We would like to begin some home services just as soon as Ray is "back on his feet" and able to do it. We would appreciate if you would help us pray for this, also. Thank you for your interest.

1 comment: