Tuesday, June 29, 2010

BAPTISM AND BEAUTY

When we were moving from Ravinia and the mission there, Ray and I were discussing what we would have done differently in retrospect. The one regret that we had was that we had not spent more family time away from the mission. We questioned if we put our family first as we should have. This conversation was revisited ten years later (this past week) when Esther told us that she wanted to be baptized at Spring Creek Camp this year. We were happy for her desire, and deemed it a priority in our lives. Ray and Esther went to Lower Brule on Saturday and visited the church people and the Sunday School children and explained that Esther was going to be baptized on Sunday. It was impossible for us to have church Sunday morning and get to the camp in time for the baptism; so we cancelled service. They offered to pick up the people on Sunday morning early and bring them out to camp, but the people opted not to come. Everyone was fine with it, as most of our people understand the significance of religious sacraments.

Ray and Esther drove out to Spring Creek Camp Saturday evening and arrived in time to take in the evening service. I drove out Sunday morning, as I worked late Saturday evening; and I arrived in time for lunch :). Right after lunch I took a walk, as it is important to me that I walk every day when I am at Spring Creek. The quietness of the area soothes my soul,and the beauty stimulates the joy in my heart. Some friends invited us to stay at their house Sunday evening; and so we had a comfortable stay. Our family went down to Valentine on Monday and visited the park and Smith Falls. It was gorgeous scenery. We would love to return and canoe and kayak sometime soon. We were just too tired Monday. Esther has stayed behind to be a counselor in one of the cabins at Spring Creek Youth Camp. I'm sure she will thoroughly enjoy it. She considered it a privilege to be invited. Hopefully, I can get her to do the next blog and tell you about her experiences.





Thank you for your interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment