Sunday, July 18, 2010

AN INVITATION

How I love to receive invitations!! Well, usually. :) I like an invitation to come and visit, an invitation to go out to coffee, to dinner. I like an invitation that is offered because someone enjoys spending time with me or my family. I especially like invitations that don't include a list of "ideas" of what to buy and bring with me { :) }--as in, no strings attached--spoken pure and simple, "I just want your companionship." Jesus invited us to "Come unto Me, and learn of Me." He invites us to be His friend, and He invites us to fellowship with Him. We extended this invitation to the community of Lower Brule this morning. It was a beautiful morning with not too much heat, and a little sun. The river reflected the brilliant blue sky as we drove over.
We love when they are ready and impatiently waiting for us!



We took our minivan out to pick up children this morning and just about filled it.




They get all dressed up in their good clothes to come. :)


We feel rewarded when we see the children coming to church with anticipation.

We had an interesting and uninvited visitor in church this morning. When we were ready to start church, I noticed a very large grasshopper seated primly on the unlit candle in front of the pulpit desk. When the music started, I expected him to 'make good his escape,' but he seemed to be absorbed in the goings-on, and he stayed. I thought I heard him add a little talent to the singing once, but maybe it was my imagination. He sat up with his antennae bent toward Ray as he prayed and preached. Part way through the message, he must have felt bored, and he lay down a little while. Soon he sat back up and resumed his diligent attention in the message. After the service, we went to the back to converse with the attendees. After everyone left, we went back up front to dispense with Mr. Grasshopper. He was nowhere in sight, and we did not find him again, though we searched. Wonder if he'll come next week without an invitation?? I got a very poor picture of the fellow.
My apologies to you and to Mr. Grasshopper for the poor photography
Speaking of invitations, one of the church families offered us a piece of property (2 1/2 acres) to use to live on so we can move out to be with the people. We are very touched by the offer. Please pray that we would stay in step with the Great Planner. We have long felt that it is necessary for the survival of the church for the people to have someone who cares enough to live with them.


Thank you for your interest in Lower Brule.

No comments:

Post a Comment