Tuesday, September 14, 2010

DEVELOPMENTS

This Sunday dawned bright and cheerful. The temperature was a perfect 72 degrees, and the river was a sapphire blue. Ray and I started out for Lower Brule with the 'new' van that was purchased by the FMA for the mission. Before we left town, Ray noticed a flat tire on one of the back duals. He tried to fix it, but time was against us, and too much had to be done before we left. We left town a little sad, as we were excited to take the van out for the kids. Oh well, next week...
We had a nice Sunday morning service, and our attendance was up a little. The afternoon Sunday School was enjoyable. The children are refreshing and fun to teach. It takes so little to make them happy. We feel that we have established a relationship with them. We were happy when a mother brought a three new children who were wanting to come to Sunday School, and they showed us where they live so we can regularly pick them up. On the way home, one of the children informed me that 'this van is too little.' I promised her to try to have a big van by next week. :) :)
We're so thankful for the van (have I mentioned this before?). Someone loaned the $3000.00 for the van for the mission. We are praying that the Lord will move some people to help pay this person the money owed.
Monday was a beautiful day as well, and I held the two classes that I teach at the Lower Brule Community College. I find the students to be warm, enjoyable, and mentally stimulating. I have included a picture of the classroom that I use for the classes. I spend a minimum of 7 hours in this room every Monday. Ray uses the time that I am in the classroom to visit and get acquainted around the area. This week he went and had a nice visit with the tribal chairman.

May God bless you for your interest in the work in Lower Brule.











1 comment: