Sunday, October 24, 2010

COMFORT IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT

Comfort is what you make it, and we tend to make ourselves comfortable--relatively speaking. If I find myself in a less-than-desirable situation, I can whine and make myself and everyone around me miserable or I can make myself relatively comfortable in my current situation. Usually I do both. I whine for a little bit, and then I desert that uncomfortable practice to plan how to improve my little area. :)
Our house in Mitchell was a major fixer-upper when we bought it--no comfort anywhere. We have worked at it, and now we are quite comfortable, though there is much to be done yet. I do love the fall season, and have opted to let the leaves build up a little so it will look as fall-ish as I want it to look. It is now time to get them off the grass.
Here at the mission, the kids seem to find comfort in odd positions. We allow them a little play time in the bus while we are in housing, but when we get on the road, they have to sit down.
Face it, there's no comfort like a little loving for any of us.
Speaking of comfort, we are becoming quite comfortable in our little quarters here in Lower Brule on the weekends. We were quite happy when we found an airbed on clearance and bought it for 1/4 of the price of some of them. It is a comfort station.
Our kitchen in the basement is quite comfortable for us. We have an oven...
a critter-proof cupboard for dishes...
a coffeepot/water heater...
a heater and a back up heater...
a refrigerator....
a clean water supply...and a table with coffee and donuts.What more do we need?
Comfort is what we make it, and it is really quite simple. Have a wonderful week, and come visit us sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment