Sunday, February 5, 2012

BEAUTY, BIBLES, AND BROWNIES

Ahh!! What a beautiful winter day drive we enjoyed as we traveled to Lower Brule this morning!
Postcard-worthy scenes greeted us as we drove along. I wanted to stop many times and take pictures, but that is not always wise when traveling the interstate; so I have many 'untaken' pictures. Oh, well-I'm happy to share what I could safely snap.
A couple representing the Gideon's cause came and presented in the morning service, and it is always inspiring to hear the testimonies of those whose lives were changed by reading God's Word. We enjoyed fellowship with them after the service, also. Bible distribution is an important part of our work as Christians.
Several children came for afternoon Sunday School, and they were so good and interactive. They helped to lead the singing, and they sang well. I told them the story about Noah's Ark, and they showed so much interest. I am amazed and happy when they tell me the story from the week before; as I know they are absorbing the material. We made little Arks out of foamies, and we shared some brownies with blue sugar on the top. One little girl told me that she likes to hug, and she gave me a sweet hug. As they were going out the door, they said, "We had fun today!" The children steal our hearts as we spend time with them, and we come home feeling rejuvinated.
Thank you for your interest in Lower Brule Wesley Chapel.

No comments:

Post a Comment