Sunday, August 12, 2012

CULTURE

Field of Sunflowers
   I suppose one of my very most favorite things to do in life is to watch and study people: Any people, anywhere. Ray, Esther, and I were waiting at O'Hare Airport in Chicago for Esther's flight to Florida, and I found it a most interesting vantage point to study people. We played a quiet game in which we would name in a low voice to each other our guess of each passing person's vocation. It was intriguing. Culture is another interest of mine. I love to study the culture of many countries and places; and, for that reason, I love to talk to a large cross-section of people-country people, city people, people from the west, people from the east, and people who did not originate in the USA.      
   Today was a treat of culture, as we drove around the little village of Lower Brule and observed the many people who were engaging in many different activities. The little village was pulsing and busy with many, many people. I hope you enjoy the pictures we shot as we drove around to the many activities.

Parade


Collecting candy from the parade route

Pow-Wow

Pow-Wow Tepees

Rodeo and horse auction

Rides
Thank you for your interest in Lower Brule as you continue to pray for it, and may your heart burn within you as you walk and talk with the Master this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment