Sunday, November 25, 2012

I HEAR BELLS!

The beginning of  Christmas: Lights, bright red berries and flowers, sparkly white, aromatic greenery, smells of sweet food, brightly colored packages, happy music, and BELLS!!  There is an aura of magic and the teasing of the imagination in the light tinkling sound of bells. I was looking for a craft project for the Sunday School children of Lower Brule while I was wandering around Hobby Lobby. Oh, joy-a clear plastic cylinder filled with little gold jingle bells! I picked it up and happily placed it in my cart, and jingled my way around the store looking for other treasures, drawing puzzled attention from other shoppers when they heard me jingling toward them. Today was payday for the bells when the children spotted the craft of the day. They happily tied them on a string and tied it in a circle with iridescent curling ribbon. They were a happy lot of kids. We had a good Sunday School today, as the children were so quiet while I was telling the Bible Story. Our story emphasized that God takes care of us when we trust Him, and they were expressing their understanding that God is on our side when we belong to Him. What a precious knowledge for us all to understand and believe!

   Please pray for a man who asked prayer for himself this morning in church. He is under severe pressure in his life, and he has been calling for Ray to pray with him during the week as well as asking for prayer for himself when he comes to church.

No comments:

Post a Comment