Sunday, December 16, 2012

TUMBLEWEEDS

   I have been noticing the tumbleweeds this year. Matter of fact, I became so entranced with them, I conned Ray into pulling off the road one beautiful day and picked one up to bring home. I took that tumbleweed and placed it in one of the bay windows, clustered white lights under it, draped sparklies on it, and used it for a holiday decoration. I think it is absolutely delightful-but I am a little 'strange.' :) 
    I always thought that tumbleweeds were a particular kind of weed that grows all summer and tumbles in the fall. Actually, I notice that 'tumbleweeds' are many differing kinds of weeds: some are delicate and frondy, some are more substantial. They all store seeds in little seed packets on their stems, and those seeds are distributed randomly throughout the ditches, along fences,  and (alas!) in the fields that they tumble through. The next spring, there are lots of little weeds that become tumbleweeds that fall. They are quite prolific, thanks to their wonderful experience of blowing hither and yon as the wind tosses them about.

     I must be honest: I sometimes feel like a tumbleweed, blown in directions and situations that I do not orchestrate. I just find myself there, and my job is to make the best of it. I hope that I plant good seeds as I tumble about. I am sure that is God's plan for all of us as we live for Him.  Hopefully, I am learning to relax and 'let go' to plant a seed of hope, friendship, happiness, love, joy and laughter with those I meet and see each day.
 When the day comes, and I am 'in the fence,' I hope I can sparkle with the crystals of happiness to bless those who pass by.
   We had a good day at Lower Brule. Thank you to those who prayed for us today. May God Bless You and grant you happiness and joy in this beautiful season!

No comments:

Post a Comment