Sunday, March 24, 2013

VEILED

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part: but then shall I know even as also I am known."  ~I Corinthians 13:12~
      This morning was a good drive with clear roads and visibility until we crested the hill that climbs out of the Missouri River valley near Chamberlain, and we began to encounter fog and reduced visibility. We left the interstate at our exit, and we faced the northern buttes behind which Lower Brule lies tucked. The buttes were shrouded in fog and fine swirling snow. Where, oh, where did the sunshine go?
    Ray spoke a little this morning about the Mary at the tomb of Christ; and he examined some reasons that she did not recognize Jesus, as she thought He was the gardener. Ray mentioned that one of the reasons she might not have recognized Jesus was the fact that her eyes were filled with tears from weeping at the grave, and he stated that we sometimes might not recognize Jesus in our lives when we have been weeping. I thought of the veiled buttes, and the fact that I only recognized them because I knew they were there from other Sundays when we have driven that road. Sometimes I do not recognize the working of Christ when my eyes have been blinded by sorrow and pain, and I plead for mercy and revelation as did Mary at the garden tomb. The healing for my sorrow is there in the person of Jesus, but I blindly keep reaching and weeping. I will seek to recognize the working of Jesus Christ in my life, and to rest and trust when sorrow and pain come.
    We were so encouraged when a lady came to church this morning who has not come since we have been working at Lower Brule. She has had many physical struggles, and God has helped her numberless times when she has been at a low ebb. She seemed happy to be there, and her beautiful smile is infectious.
    Thank you for praying for the people of Lower Brule, and for the little church on the corner. May God bless you as you look beyond the veil of the tomb and see the Christ!
 
He washed my eyes with tears that I might see
The broken heart I had was good for me.
He tore it all apart and looked inside,
He found it full of fears and foolish pride.
He swept away the things that made me blind,
And then I saw the clouds were silver-lined!
And, now, I understand 'twas best for me
He washed my eyes with tears that I might see!
 
He washed my eyes with tears that I might see
The glory of Himself revealed to me.
I did not know that He had wounded hands
I saw the blood He spilt upon the sand.
I saw the marks of shame and wept and cried!
He was my substitute, for me He died!
And, now I understand 'twas best for me
He washed my eyes with tears
That I might see!
~gospel song~

  


No comments:

Post a Comment