Sunday, October 20, 2013

RALLY

   This Saturday was a special day at the church. We have taken part in the Spring Creek Holiness Campmeeting for many years, and the camp has a rally day each quarter at a host mission across the South Dakota reservations. This quarter was our turn, and we were excited to host it. People who are interested in meeting together for good spiritual and physical food come from all over the state, and spend most of the day. A young man shared his testimony of God's grace with us, and he gave us a thought-provoking message in the afternoon concerning 'forgiveness of others.' Some drive for several hours to come for the few hours we are together. We had the church ready, and a fall theme decorated in the basement for the potluck dinner two weeks ago when the 'big snowstorm' hit western South Dakota; so it was still ready this weekend. Our anticipation was rewarded, and we enjoyed the time as completely as we knew we would.
   Ray and I spent the night in the church so that we could be there again this morning for service. Some of the sweet children who live there were knocking on the church door at 11:45 PM, asking if we were having Sunday School. :) Around 1:30, some gentlemen were having a conversation under the church window where we were asleep. :) In spite of all of that, I slept quite well, though Ray was a little 'dragged out' from checking things out. He had a good chance for a nap later today when we arrived home.
   I am liking the EN 101 and 102 classes that I am teaching at the local college, and I have become acquainted with many kind and good people. I always enjoy teaching English, research, and writing, and these classes are no exception. I feel that I have very special students this semester, as they are determined, caring, and capable people. I drive back to teach on Tuesday afternoons; and I begin EN 101 at 4:00 PM, and finish EN 102 at 10:00 PM. I always find new friends in these classes.
   We thank the Lord for His protection in the many miles we travel on the highways. Please pray for these beautiful people whom God has given us to love.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun rally. The thought of already having snow makes me cold! I'm sure you are a blessing to your students.

    ReplyDelete