Monday, January 3, 2011

NEW!

New Year, New-fallen Snow, New Goals, New Ideas, New People, New AppointmentsThe New Year came in South Dakota with new-fallen snow, a heavy wind, and low temperatures. Ray's mother came to visit over Christmas, and he took her back home to Oklahoma City last week. He wisely decided that it is too risky for him to return last weekend, and he is nearly home as I write this blog. Welcome 2011!
We (Esther and I) were disappointed when we discovered that it was impossible for us to drive out to Lower Brule for Sunday School and bring the kids in to church; so I took the opportunity to organize my goals for 2011 as I do each year. Some of the goals were directed toward the church in Lower Brule, and we hope to help the church grow as we make more contacts. We also hope to have more children and adult thrusts during the course of the year. With those goals in mind, we were thrilled when the Native American Holiness Camp asked if they could bring their quarterly rally to the church at Lower Brule in February. This is a built-in opportunity to impact the area.
I am also very happy when some of the students from last semester contact me every so often. I love new contacts in my life, and I am happy when they are interested in the church. We don't want to lose sight of the fact that we are ambassadors for Christ in every aspect of our lives wherever we are, and whatever we are doing, even aside from any church or organization. We will not give account to God of how many come to church, but we will give account of how we interacted with others.
In my everyday life, new ideas are presented each day. I try to stay open to new things, as we learn more about life every day. We have so much to learn about the people of Lower Brule, the people we work with, and the people who build our lives.
The Camp Rally that was mentioned earlier is slated for February 5. Please pray for this opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment