Sunday, October 23, 2011

MOODS

Here in South Dakota, the weather is capricious. It seems that nature has especially wide 'mood swings' in the spring and the fall. Today was no exception; in fact, it seemed like it was especially volatile. We started out from Mitchell this morning, and we saw this weather developing in the north.
It all seemed to dissipate, and it was placid and beautiful when we headed back home later this afternoon. The river was outdoing itself in beauty, and the cattle seemed placid as they lay in the grass and relaxed. Some antelope were trustfully grazing in a field beside the highway as we passed.
Today's weather accurately reflected how our moods respond each weekend as we drive out to minister to the people in Lower Brule. Sometimes we anticipate the services and the day that is ahead; where other times we feel discouraged and lonely. Not to whine, understand, but it happens-I won't lie. The Bible speaks of reaping if we sow in tears; so it is understood that all is not always glorious. However, I am happy to say that the light always shines again, and we love what we are doing.
The children love to 'cop' my camera, and I find random surprises on my camera when I get home. I will share some of these with you, as I especially enjoy kids' perspective.
The lesson today was about Creation, and the kids placed the pictures as they thought it should look
and took a shot with the camera . :) One of my surprises when I arrived home and checked out the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment