Sunday, November 13, 2011

EXCUSE ME, HOW MUCH DOES A LITTLE HAPPINESS COST?

I have been thinking this week that the things that make me the happiest don't cost any money. This is not to say that some things that cost money bring me a little happiness-a good meal, a good cup of coffee, a new outfit, a little redoing in the house, etc. However, I have been treated to many happy things this week: a call from each of my children, a compliment from my husband, a smile and an invitation to spend a few minutes with a friend, the news of a new baby to a friend, a beautiful sunset or just a beautiful scene, hearing special music, and on and on the list goes. You could add many more things to this list, I'm sure. I was treated today to the love of a child while in Lower Brule. These two young ladies come with their grandpa on Sunday mornings, and they came in late. I heard her excitedly calling, "Grandma!" after they came in and were seated and she spied me up at the piano. As soon as I came back to my seat and sat down, the two girls hurried up to sit on each side of me and hugged me and cuddled up to me for the longest time. Now, there's some happiness!! :)
I have been struggling in 'staying encouraged' in the work at Lower Brule for a couple of months, and it seemed to culminate during the night Saturday night. I put in a couple of special requests to the Lord for Sunday, and He answered so specifically today. I was happy to see someone come who had not been there for awhile.
Thank you for praying for the work at Lower Brule. Please pray for some financial issues that have surfaced, and for our encouragement in the week to week activities. Thank you, again!

No comments:

Post a Comment