Sunday, August 25, 2013

~~SUMMER SHADOWS~~

...the flowers appear on the earth... ~~Song of Solomon 2:12
   In the last two weeks or so, I have heard it multiple times: "...summer is over..."  I beg to differ. It is ninety-five degrees today, and the forecast has published digits hovering in the nineties for the next week. Flowers are blooming flamboyantly, and the birds are singing until their little throats seem like they will burst. It is summer at its best! I was outside this afternoon watering and gathering some flowers, and I could hear the turtledove's mourning cry as I worked.
...the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land...
      We have been gathering crops as they begin to ripen and bear their fruits, and I can see the promise of more fruit in the days to come.
 
...The fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell...
~~Song of Solomon 2:12, 13~~
   On a little more personal note, the following verse is appropriate in Ray's and my life, also, as we just celebrated another anniversary of our lives together.  
 ...My Beloved is mine, and I am his...

   In spite of my denial of summer's passing, I notice that the sun sets a little sooner, the shadows are a little longer, the sunsets are a little more golden; and I know that fall is approaching. Life goes on--we do our normal routines in the days, Esther flies back to Florida to enter another year of college, Ray hurries a little to finish projects on the house, I begin to teach some adult night classes. Summer will be over, though it is not yet. :)
 ...until the day break, and the shadows flee away...be thou like a roe or a young hart upon the mountain...
~~Song of Solomon 2:17~~
May God bless you this week, my Friend!! Please pray for us as we pray for you. 

 
  
 



No comments:

Post a Comment