Sunday, April 17, 2011

...AND NOW FOR THE ICING ON THE CAKE...

The drive to Lower Brule this Sunday was quite relaxing. I crested the last curving hill before overlooking the river and Lower Brule, and caught my breath. I pulled the car over to the shoulder and snapped a couple of pictures. The contrast is stark, but I was only able to get a little of the feel in the pictures. The whole valley ahead of me and on each side was etched with snow and black dirt. It was amazing.
This Sunday was a little different than usual, as Ray has been called down to be with his elderly mother in Oklahoma. Mr. Howard came over from Fort Thompson and filled in for us. We appreciated his coming over, and those who came in to worship with us.
I went and picked up children this afternoon for Sunday School, and we talked about the woman at the well in Samaria. After we talked about the story, we iced some cupcakes that I had brought and decorated them. The children had fun doing it, and I had fun watching them. I'm not sure why I decided on red kool-aid for them (there's a mess for you), but it made them happy. The icing was on the cakes, but it was also on the children, the table, the car, and me, but we are all happy.
Thank you for your interest in Lower Brule. May God bless you. Please pray especially for the mission during this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment