Sunday, April 24, 2011

HAPPY EASTER!!

Of all the holidays, Easter is my favorite. I haven't really isolated a reason, except that I just love it, and it is a very happy season for me. This Easter I was a little sad as it approached. Ray was down with his mother, and my children are far away. Even though this does not change the meaning of Easter, it does change the dynamics. Then Ray texted me on Friday and informed me that he would be driving home on Saturday and would be here for Easter. The sadness lifted right away. I have friends who would have made sure that I was not alone, but it is so good to have your sweetheart of many years there with you.
This morning's sunrise was gorgeous as we drove to an early sunrise service at Ravinia, and it was emphasized by a friend who took a picture of it and texted it to us with the message: "He is risen indeed!" We got in for a wonderful presentation and reading by Scott Yoder, and to sing "Up from the grave he arose..." with the rest of the early-risers who almost filled the church. We then went to the parsonage to eat scrumptious biscuits and gravy and talk with old friends before we headed out to Lower Brule for the morning service.
Ray spoke this morning about the Resurrection, and he brought out some beautiful new thoughts about Mary as she sought Jesus in the garden. He mentioned that, even though Jesus was right there, Mary did not see Him as who he was because of the tears that were clouding her vision. He exhorted us to look through our tears of earthly sorrow and view the One who is there. He mentioned that we could be weeping when we could be rejoicing because Christ is living and He is not conquered. He gave us a wonderful message.
Sunday School was a little challenging today, as we were both very tired, and the children were alive and full of vim and vigor and sugar. :) For some reason, they were at variance with each other, and I had to speak to them a little harder than I would have liked to. Sometimes there is sadness in the lives of the children, and this is why they 'act out' the way they do, but we cannot let them be unkind to each other. I talked to one little girl quite directly, and she came to me in just a few minutes and spent a long time with her arm around my neck and her head on my shoulder. I love these children.
This afternoon passed very pleasantly, as Ray found a lovely site that plays only beautiful music, and we slept to the music. I will share this with you: www.wordoftruthradio.com It is very calming to us. We went to worship with the Fort Thompson group, and we took communion with them tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment