Sunday, April 10, 2011

TODAY AND TOMORROW

Today was a dreary, drippy day at Lower Brule. We came in to Lower Brule around 1:00 PM yesterday, as I had scheduled a make-up class for the class that we missed because I was sick. After class, we went to the church and made ourselves comfortable. We rested-I even slept-all afternoon, and then we spent the night there. This morning we made things ready for others to come and worship with us at the appointed time, and we were not disappointed. How we appreciate those who come to church! There are more gathering lately, and this is always an encouragement to everyone who comes to worship. One little lady comes with her Grandpa, and he is always so proud to bring her in with him. She is such a good girl, and she quietly entertains herself during the service. She had a new pair of shoes that light up when she moves (she informed me that everyone has some--they learn that idea very young).
I enjoyed the Sunday School this afternoon, and I had a good time talking to one of the girls who come about Jesus and Nicodemus and John 3:16. Sometimes, I am amazed at their understanding when they are so young (she is 10 years old), and they connect the Bible with their lives.
Please pray for us, as Ray is going to stay with his mother while she has a shoulder replacement-a big undertaking at any time, and especially at 85 years old. We will search for who God wants to shepherd the little flock while Ray is gone. I plan to carry on the Sunday School, and I intend to keep on having classes at the college. It feels huge, but God is greater, and He holds tomorrow.
Thank you for your interest in Lower Brule Wesley Chapel.
I have begun an inspirational blog. The address is www.lifessymphony.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment